iCog Labs is a research and development company based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, collaborating with international AI research groups and serving customers around the world. We have helped our customers with a variety of projects, but our core specialty is artificial intelligence, including machine learning based data analysis, computational linguistics, computer vision, mobile robots and cognitive robotics, cognitive architectures and artificial general intelligence. Our staffs bring experience contributing to international AI development teams, as well as software and hardware development experience on Ethiopian government and industry projects. We are core contributors to the OpenCog open source AI platform and utilize OpenCog within our projects as appropriate.
Our mission is to advance science and technology for the good of all humanity, with a special focus on advanced AI and on the use of cutting-edge technology to help leapfrog Africa into the future.
iCog’s leadership team includes:
- Getnet Aseffa, CEO
- Dr. Ben Goertzel, Chief Scientific Advisor
- David Hart, Chief Information Officer
- Sander Olsen, Strategic Advisor
We carry out our work in partnership with a number of international organizations including
- US AI firm Novamente LLC
- US bioinformatics firm Biomind LLC
- Dr. Gino Yu’s lab at Hong Kong Polytechnic University,
- the OpenCog Foundation
- the nonprofit futurist advocacy organization Humanity+
- the US Embassy in Addis Ababa
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)